WordPress is a content management system (CMS) which makes creating and managing content a breeze. You don’t need to know how to write html or css in order to set up, run and manage a WordPress website (although it doesn’t hurt). WordPress powers about 25% of the world’s websites making it the most popular
1. Is well supported.
2. Is open source and FREE!
3. Is easy to install.
4. Has thousands of free and paid themes to choose from.
5. Has thousands of free and paid plugins that let you expand on core WordPress functionality in near limitless ways.
6. Is search engine friendly.
7. Is a great blogging platform.
8. Is highly extensible. If you can’t find a plugin or theme for your needs you can create your own or hire a developer to create a plugin or theme for you.